Six points of safe use and maintenance of electric forklift battery
Time: 2019-07-31 Click: 88
I. Daily inspections
1. Liquid level: Below the rated liquid level, the battery life will be shortened. Too little electrolyte will cause the battery to heat up and damage. Therefore, attention must be paid to whether the electrolyte is sufficient.
2. Connection posts, wires, and covers: The corrosion caused by oxidation of the battery connection posts and the connection of the wires must be checked regularly for deformation and heating.
3. Appearance: The dirt on the battery surface will cause water leakage, so the surface of the battery should be kept clean and dry at all times.
1. Add water: add distilled water at the specified level, do not add too much distilled water to extend the interval between adding water, too much electrolyte will overflow and cause leakage.
2. Charging: The battery will generate gas during the charging process. The charging place should be ventilated and there is no open flame. At the same time, the oxygen and acid gases generated during charging will affect the surrounding environment. Unplugging the charging plug while charging will cause an arc, and the charger will turn off before unplugging. After charging, a large amount of hydrogen will be trapped around the battery, and no fire is allowed. The cover on the battery should be opened for charging. "-
3. Repair of poles, wires and covers: must be performed by professional and technical personnel designated by the manufacturer.
4. Cleaning: If it is not too dirty, you can wipe it with a damp cloth. If it is very dirty, you must remove the battery from the car and wash it with water to allow it to dry naturally.
1. Storage: Do not short circuit; short circuit caused by rain may cause fire and generate a small amount of hydrogen, so the battery must be stored in a ventilated and cooled place.
2. Spent battery: The old battery still has power, and it should be stored according to the storage method of the used battery.
Operation of electrolyte
1. Check the specific gravity: Use a suction hydrometer to check the specific gravity, do not allow the electrolyte to spill, and wear protective gear.
2. Operations other than inspection: Consult with professionals, especially when supplementing electrolyte (dilute sulfuric acid).
3. Electrolyte leakage: due to battery overturning and damage, electrolyte leakage should be performed immediately (refer to emergency handling matters).
V. Battery operation at the end of its life
1. The operation of the battery at the end of its service life: When the battery is near the end of its life, the electrolyte in the battery decreases rapidly, and distilled water should be replenished daily.
2. Disposal of waste batteries: For waste batteries, extract the electrolyte and decompose the batteries. It can be discussed whether it is recycled by the battery manufacturer.
6. Emergency treatment
1. Electrolyte splash on the skin: rinse with plenty of water
2. Splash the electrolyte on the eyes: rinse with plenty of water and then get treatment from a professional doctor
3. Spill electrolyte on clothing: Remove clothing immediately, rinse with water, and then rinse with mild alkaline soap.
4. Electrolyte leakage: When the electrolyte leaks, neutralize it with lime, strong alkali or sodium carbonate, and then rinse with plenty of water.
Next: How to choose electric forklift